Please note this study is no longer recruiting participants
Researchers at ICORD recently completed a study comparing two types of treatments for hand function:
• To test whether exercises combined with functional electrical stimulation improves hand function in people with tetraplegia;
• To compare a number of tests used to detect these improvements.
Eligible Participants were:
- Provided with an electrical stimulation glove fitted to their hand.
- Provided with the ReJoyce workstation, a computer and webcam to complete virtual reality game exercises daily at home under the tele-supervision of a researcher.
- Tested on ability to grasp and manipulate objects at a robotic work station.
Principal Investigators: Drs. Tania Lam and John Steeves