B.Sc. [Mathematics and biology] (University of British Columbia), M.P.H. [Biostatistics] (University of British Columbia), Ph.D. [Epidemiology/biostatistics] (University of British Columbia)
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia
Research InterestsData Science; Drug Effectiveness; Drug Safety; Epidemiology; SCI Progression
Dr. Jacquelyn Cragg aims to be a world leader in neuro-analytics, helping to uncover innovative treatment strategies and therapies for people suffering from neurological diseases. She is working with statistical algorithms to better understand neurological diseases, including Parkinson’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and SCI.
Dr. Jacquelyn Cragg is an Assistant Professor in UBC’s Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences and a Principal Investigator at ICORD. She is leveraging clinical and population “big data” sources and machine-based learning to identify novel, reliable predictors of spinal cord injury progression. She also researches other neurological diseases beyond spinal cord injury, such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
As the sole North American recipient of L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women In Science International Rising Talent Prize for 2019, Dr. Cragg is a champion for encouraging women and girls to pursue careers in science.
Techniques employed in the Lab
- Longitudinal analysis
- Statistical learning
- Recursive partitioning
- Survival analysis
- Causal inference
Current Lab Members
|High School Students||Undergraduate Students||Residents||Ph.D. Students||Postdoctoral Fellows||Research Staff|
|Eliana Bond||Ria Garg||Sina Marzoughi||Jan Rosner||Dr. James Crispo||Lisa Liu|
Current Opportunities in the Lab
There are currently no openings in Dr. Cragg’s lab. Please contact Dr. Cragg with inquiries.
- Marzoughi, S et al.. 2020. Tardive neurotoxicity of anticholinergic drugs: A review.. J Neurochem. doi: 10.1111/jnc.15244.
- Cragg, JJ et al.. 2020. The reporting of observational studies of drug effectiveness and safety: recommendations to extend existing guidelines.. Expert Opin Drug Saf. doi: 10.1080/14740338.2021.1849134.
- Dorton, MC et al.. 2020. Evaluation of cardiovascular disease risk in individuals with chronic spinal cord injury.. Spinal Cord. doi: 10.1038/s41393-020-00566-5.
- Warner, FM et al.. 2020. Association of timing of gabapentinoid use with motor recovery after spinal cord injury.. Neurology. doi: 10.1212/WNL.0000000000010950.
- Liu, LJW, Bach, P, Crispo, JAG, Kramer, JLK, Cragg, JJ. 2020. A Population Study of Prescribed Opioid-based Pain Reliever Use among Individuals with Mood and Anxiety Disorders in Canada.. Drug Alcohol Depend. doi: 10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2020.108229.