B. Sc. (Univeristy of Toronto), Ph.D. (University of Toronto)
Professor, Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, University of British Columbia
Associate Member, Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, University of British Columbia
Research InterestsNeural development; Regeneration
Dr. O’Connor’s research focus is on neural development and regeneration.
Dr. O’Connor is an Investigator at ICORD and a Professor in the Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences at the University of British Columbia. He is also an Associate Member of the Department of Zoology at the University of British Columbia. He completed his B.Sc. and Ph.D. at the University of Toronto.
Current Lab Members
|Masters Students||Ph.D. Students|
|Aarya Chithran||Xiao Wei|
|2016||Aarya Vaikakkara Chithran||Best Poster (CDN Society for Developmental Biology)|
|2009||Dr. Ana Le-Meur||Brain Star (Canadian Institutes of Health Research)|
|2008||Dr. Mingorance Le-Meur||First Prize for Best Poster (MipTec Drug Discovery Conference)|
Current Opportunities in the Lab
Please contact Dr. O’Connor with inquiries.
- Post, KL et al.. 2020. Multi-model functionalization of disease-associated PTEN missense mutations identifies multiple molecular mechanisms underlying protein dysfunction.. Nat Commun. doi: 10.1038/s41467-020-15943-0.
- Waclawik, K et al.. 2019. Cognitive Impairment in Marginally Housed Youth: Prevalence and Risk Factors.. Front Public Health. doi: 10.3389/fpubh.2019.00270.
- Tu, AW et al.. 2017. What do US and Canadian parents do to encourage or discourage physical activity among their 5-12 Year old children?. BMC Public Health. doi: 10.1186/s12889-017-4918-z.
- O'Connor, TM et al.. 2017. Food parenting practices for 5 to 12 year old children: a concept map analysis of parenting and nutrition experts input.. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. doi: 10.1186/s12966-017-0572-1.
- Schmitt, T et al.. 2017. Traumatic Brain Injury in a Community-Based Cohort of Homeless and Vulnerably Housed Individuals.. J. Neurotrauma. doi: 10.1089/neu.2017.5076.