B. Sc. (Univeristy of Toronto), Ph.D. (University of Toronto)
Professor, Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, University of British Columbia
Associate Member, Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, University of British Columbia
Research InterestsNeural development; Regeneration
Dr. O’Connor’s research focus is on neural development and regeneration.
Dr. O’Connor is an Investigator at ICORD and a Professor in the Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences at the University of British Columbia. He is also an Associate Member of the Department of Zoology at the University of British Columbia. He completed his B.Sc. and Ph.D. at the University of Toronto.
Current Lab Members
|Masters Students||Ph.D. Students|
|Aarya Chithran||Xiao Wei|
|2016||Aarya Vaikakkara Chithran||Best Poster (CDN Society for Developmental Biology)|
|2009||Dr. Ana Le-Meur||Brain Star (Canadian Institutes of Health Research)|
|2008||Dr. Mingorance Le-Meur||First Prize for Best Poster (MipTec Drug Discovery Conference)|
Current Opportunities in the Lab
Please contact Dr. O’Connor with inquiries.
- Mâsse, LC et al.. 2017. Conceptualizing physical activity parenting practices using expert informed concept mapping analysis.. BMC Public Health. doi: 10.1186/s12889-017-4487-1.
- O'Donnell, KJ et al.. 2017. Maternal prenatal anxiety and child COMT genotype predict working memory and symptoms of ADHD.. PLoS ONE. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0177506.
- Liu, RQ, Browne, K, O'Connor, TP. 2017. Assays to Examine Transmembrane Semaphorin Function In Vitro.. Methods Mol. Biol. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-6448-2_18.
- O'Connor, TM et al.. 2016. Development of an item bank for food parenting practices based on published instruments and reports from Canadian and US parents.. Appetite. doi: 10.1016/j.appet.2016.04.033.
- Liu, RQ, Wang, W, Legg, A, Abramyan, J, O'Connor, TP. 2014. Semaphorin 5B is a repellent cue for sensory afferents projecting into the developing spinal cord.. Development. doi: 10.1242/dev.103630.