Please note this study is no longer recruiting participants
Researchers at ICORD want to find the relationship between age and an individual’s physical ability to use a manual wheelchair. This research study is for individuals who have NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE using a manual wheelchair.
Would the study be a good fit for me?
This study might be a good fit for you if you:
- Have no prior experience using a wheelchair
- Are between the ages of 19-40 or 65+
- Have no history of cardiovascular disease, upper extremity pain and/or surgeries, arthritis, smoking and/or respiratory disease, or diabetes
What would happen if I took part in the study?
If you decide to take part in this study, you would:
- Use a manual wheelchair on a treadmill for submaximal exercise.
- Perform a sprint test in a wheelchair.
- Spend 1 to 1.5 hours participating in the study.
For more information, please contact Nathan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Bonita Sawatzky: 604-675-8806 / email@example.com
The principal investigator for this study is Dr. Bonita Sawatzky