B. Sc. (Univeristy of Toronto), Ph.D. (University of Toronto)
Professor, Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, University of British Columbia
Associate Member, Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, University of British Columbia
Research InterestsNeural development; Regeneration
Dr. O’Connor’s research focus is on neural development and regeneration.
Dr. O’Connor is an Investigator at ICORD and a Professor in the Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences at the University of British Columbia. He is also an Associate Member of the Department of Zoology at the University of British Columbia. He completed his B.Sc. and Ph.D. at the University of Toronto.
Current Lab Members
|Masters Students||Ph.D. Students|
|Aarya Chithran||Xiao Wei|
|2016||Aarya Vaikakkara Chithran||Best Poster (CDN Society for Developmental Biology)|
|2009||Dr. Ana Le-Meur||Brain Star (Canadian Institutes of Health Research)|
|2008||Dr. Mingorance Le-Meur||First Prize for Best Poster (MipTec Drug Discovery Conference)|
Current Opportunities in the Lab
Please contact Dr. O’Connor with inquiries.
- Yu, H et al.. 2022. Palaeogenomic analysis of black rat (Rattus rattus) reveals multiple European introductions associated with human economic history.. Nat Commun. doi: 10.1038/s41467-022-30009-z.
- O'Connor, TA et al.. 2022. Traumatic brain injury in precariously housed persons: Incidence and risks.. EClinicalMedicine. doi: 10.1016/j.eclinm.2022.101277.
- Ganguly, P et al.. 2021. A scalable Drosophila assay for clinical interpretation of human PTEN variants in suppression of PI3K/AKT induced cellular proliferation.. PLoS Genet. doi: 10.1371/journal.pgen.1009774.
- De-Jongh González, O, Tugault-Lafleur, CN, O'Connor, TM, Hughes, SO, Mâsse, LC. 2021. Are fathers' and mothers' food parenting practices differentially associated with children's eating behaviors?. Appetite. doi: 10.1016/j.appet.2021.105434.
- Tugault-Lafleur, CN, González, OD, O'Connor, TM, Hughes, SO, Mâsse, LC. 2021. Identifying and predicting food parenting practice profiles among Canadian parents.. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. doi: 10.1186/s12966-021-01119-6.