B. Sc. (Univeristy of Toronto), Ph.D. (University of Toronto)
Professor, Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, University of British Columbia
Associate Member, Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, University of British Columbia
Research InterestsNeural development; Regeneration
Dr. O’Connor’s research focus is on neural development and regeneration.
Dr. O’Connor is an Investigator at ICORD and a Professor in the Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences at the University of British Columbia. He is also an Associate Member of the Department of Zoology at the University of British Columbia. He completed his B.Sc. and Ph.D. at the University of Toronto.
Current Lab Members
|Masters Students||Ph.D. Students|
|Aarya Chithran||Xiao Wei|
|2016||Aarya Vaikakkara Chithran||Best Poster (CDN Society for Developmental Biology)|
|2009||Dr. Ana Le-Meur||Brain Star (Canadian Institutes of Health Research)|
|2008||Dr. Mingorance Le-Meur||First Prize for Best Poster (MipTec Drug Discovery Conference)|
Current Opportunities in the Lab
Please contact Dr. O’Connor with inquiries.
- De-Jongh González, O et al.. 2023. Patterns of Physical Activity Parenting Practices and Their Association With Children's Physical Activity Behaviors.. Child Obes. doi: 10.1089/chi.2022.0226.
- Vaikakkara Chithran, A, Allan, DW, O'Connor, TP. 2023. Adult expression of Semaphorins and Plexins is essential for motor neuron survival.. Sci Rep. doi: 10.1038/s41598-023-32943-4.
- O'Connor, TN et al.. 2023. RYR-1-Related Diseases International Research Workshop: From Mechanisms to Treatments Pittsburgh, PA, U.S.A., 21-22 July 2022.. J Neuromuscul Dis. doi: 10.3233/JND-221609.
- Skouteris, H et al.. 2022. Nurturing children's development through healthy eating and active living: Time for policies to support effective interventions in the context of responsive emotional support and early learning.. Health Soc Care Community. doi: 10.1111/hsc.14106.
- Jaworek, T et al.. 2022. Contribution of Common Genetic Variants to Risk of Early Onset Ischemic Stroke.. Neurology. doi: 10.1212/WNL.0000000000201006.