Chair, Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Victoria
Professor, Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Victoria
Dr. Delaney studies the physiology of cells, including the connections between neurons, neuronal growth, and the integration of signals by a cell’s dendrites.
Dr. Delaney is the Chair of the Department of Biology and the University of Victoria as well as a Professor in the department. He is an Associate Member of ICORD.
Techniques employed in the lab:
- 2-photon laser scanning microscopy
- Ca2+ imaging techniques using widefield CCD
- Photomultiplier based spot measurements
- Sharp microelectrode and field potential recordings
- Whole cell patch clamp
Affiliation with organizations and societies:
- CanAssist Assistive Technologies Group
Current Lab Members
|Ph.D. Students||Post-Doctoral Fellows|
|Leslie Rietveld||Dr. Adam Fekete|
Current Opportunities in the Lab
Please contact Dr. Delaney with inquiries.
- Delaney, KR. 2017. Restoring EEAquilibrium: rebalancing excitation and inhibition in Rett mouse model neurons with early endosome antigen-1.. J. Physiol. (Lond.). doi: 10.1113/JP274769.
- Leung, J et al.. 2017. MeCP2-deficient mice have reduced α4 and α6 nicotinic receptor mRNA and altered behavioral response to nicotinic agonists.. Behav. Brain Res. doi: 10.1016/j.bbr.2017.05.021.
- Rietveld, L, Stuss, DP, McPhee, D, Delaney, KR. 2015. Genotype-specific effects of Mecp2 loss-of-function on morphology of Layer V pyramidal neurons in heterozygous female Rett syndrome model mice.. Front Cell Neurosci. doi: 10.3389/fncel.2015.00145.
- Smith, RG, Delaney, KR, Awatramani, GB. 2014. Post-receptor adaptation: lighting up the details.. Curr. Biol. doi: 10.1016/j.cub.2014.05.058.
- Seto, A et al.. 2014. Induction of ischemic stroke in awake freely moving mice reveals that isoflurane anesthesia can mask the benefits of a neuroprotection therapy.. Front Neuroenergetics. doi: 10.3389/fnene.2014.00001.