The purpose of this study is to explore the role of empathy in the daily lives of individuals who have an acquired spinal cord injury (SCI) and/or traumatic brain injury (TBI). Individuals will participate in a phone or Zoom interview with two researchers for a study exploring empathy in individuals with an acquired disability.
Why should you participate in this study?
There may or may not be any benefit to participation in this study. Participation in this study may contribute to occupational science and/or occupational therapy education and practice by better understanding the importance of empathy and the role it plays in the lives of those with an acquired disability such as SCI and/or TBI.
You may be eligible to participate in this study if you:
- are an adult with an acquired spinal cord injury (SCI) and/or traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- can speak and understand spoken and written English
- are a resident of Canada or the United States
- are able to provide informed consent
You may be ineligible to participate in this study if you:
- are younger than 18 years old
- do not have an acquired SCI or TBI
- cannot speak and understand spoken and written English
- are not a resident of Canada or the United States
- are not able to provide informed consent
There will be a compensation of $30 as a token of appreciation for eligible participants enrolled in the study.
This study will take place: