Impact of postponement of Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games on athletes, coaches, physicians, medical professionals and members of National Olympic and Paralympic Committees.
This is a survey study designed by a team of international experts concerned about the potential negative impacts of the pandemic and the postponement of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games on athletes, coaches, physicians, medical professionals and members of National Olympic and Paralympic Committees. Dr. Andrei Krassioukov at the International Collaboration on Repair Discoveries at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada, is the Principal Investigator of the study.
You may be eligible to participate if you:
- are at least 18 years old
- are an athlete, coach, physician, medical professional or member of National Olympic and Paralympic
- would have participated in Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games had they not been postponed
You may not participate in the study:
- If you have a history of any cognitive disorders and/or traumatic brain injury that impacts your ability to
follow instructions and answer questionnaires
- If you were NOT scheduled to participate in or support the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games
Participation in this study involves:
Completion of an anonymous online survey with questions about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and postponement of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games on the mental health and athletic/professional careers of participants. The survey is expected to take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
To participate, please click here to take the survey.
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Laura McCracken (Research Coordinator)
ICORD (International Collaboration On Repair Discoveries)
Blusson Spinal Cord Centre
818 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 1M9
On behalf of the members of the research committee, thank you for your participation.
- Dr. A. Krassioukov, Endowed Chair, and Professor, Department of Medicine, ICORD, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
- Ms. L. McCracken, Clinical Research Coordinator, ICORD, Vancouver, Canada.
- Dr. T. Nightingale, Assistant Professor, School of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK and Affiliate Member ICORD, Vancouver, Canada.
- Dr. M. Walter, Consultant, Urology Clinic, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland, and Affiliate Member, ICORD, Canada.
- Dr. D. Bueno, Chilean NPC Physician, Applied Sports Science Unit, High-Performance Center, National Institute of Sports, Chile.
- Mr. P. Benavides González, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Rehabilitation Sciences, School of Physical Therapy, Universidad Andres Bello, Santiago, Chile.
- Dr. F. Theron, Medical Director, Muelmed Rehabilitation Centre: Orthopedic surgeon and lecturer, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- Dr. Phathokuhle Zondi, Sports and Exercise Medicine Physician, Chairperson Medical Advisory Commission, South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee.