Chair, Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Victoria
Professor, Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Victoria
Dr. Delaney studies the physiology of cells, including the connections between neurons, neuronal growth, and the integration of signals by a cell’s dendrites.
Dr. Delaney is the Chair of the Department of Biology and the University of Victoria as well as a Professor in the department. He is an Associate Member of ICORD.
Techniques employed in the lab:
- 2-photon laser scanning microscopy
- Ca2+ imaging techniques using widefield CCD
- Photomultiplier based spot measurements
- Sharp microelectrode and field potential recordings
- Whole cell patch clamp
Affiliation with organizations and societies:
- CanAssist Assistive Technologies Group
Current Lab Members
|Ph.D. Students||Post-Doctoral Fellows|
|Leslie Rietveld||Dr. Adam Fekete|
Current Opportunities in the Lab
Please contact Dr. Delaney with inquiries.
- Johnson, C, Delaney, KR, Cirpili, A, Marriott, S, O'Connor, J. 2023. American Psychiatric Nurses Association Position: Staffing Inpatient Psychiatric Units.. J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc. doi: 10.1177/10783903231198247.
- Gulka, SMD, Gowen, B, Litke, AM, Delaney, KR, Chow, RL. 2023. Laser-induced microinjury of the corneal basal epithelium and imaging of resident macrophage responses in a live, whole-eye preparation.. Front Immunol. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2023.1050594.
- Gerolamo, AM et al.. 2022. Psychiatric Nursing Workforce Survey: Results and Implications.. J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc. doi: 10.1177/10783903221146190.
- Farhoomand, F, Delaney, KR. 2023. Long-term cortical plasticity following sensory deprivation is reduced in male Rett model mice.. Somatosens Mot Res. doi: 10.1080/08990220.2022.2158799.
- Motaharinia, M et al.. 2021. Longitudinal functional imaging of VIP interneurons reveals sup-population specific effects of stroke that are rescued with chemogenetic therapy.. Nat Commun. doi: 10.1038/s41467-021-26405-6.