Chair, Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Victoria
Professor, Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Victoria
Dr. Delaney studies the physiology of cells, including the connections between neurons, neuronal growth, and the integration of signals by a cell’s dendrites.
Dr. Delaney is the Chair of the Department of Biology and the University of Victoria as well as a Professor in the department. He is an Associate Member of ICORD.
Techniques employed in the lab:
- 2-photon laser scanning microscopy
- Ca2+ imaging techniques using widefield CCD
- Photomultiplier based spot measurements
- Sharp microelectrode and field potential recordings
- Whole cell patch clamp
Affiliation with organizations and societies:
- CanAssist Assistive Technologies Group
Current Lab Members
|Ph.D. Students||Post-Doctoral Fellows|
|Leslie Rietveld||Dr. Adam Fekete|
Current Opportunities in the Lab
Please contact Dr. Delaney with inquiries.
- Motaharinia, M et al.. 2021. Longitudinal functional imaging of VIP interneurons reveals sup-population specific effects of stroke that are rescued with chemogenetic therapy.. Nat Commun. doi: 10.1038/s41467-021-26405-6.
- Asgarihafshejani, A, Nashmi, R, Delaney, KR. 2019. Cell-Genotype Specific Effects of Mecp2 Mutation on Spontaneous and Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor-Evoked Currents in Medial Prefrontal Cortical Pyramidal Neurons in Female Rett Model Mice.. Neuroscience. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2019.07.008.
- Delaney, KR, Drew, BL, Rushton, A. Report on the APNA National Psychiatric Mental Health Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Survey.. J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc. doi: 10.1177/1078390318777873.
- Delaney, KR. 2017. Restoring EEAquilibrium: rebalancing excitation and inhibition in Rett mouse model neurons with early endosome antigen-1.. J Physiol. doi: 10.1113/JP274769.
- Leung, J et al.. 2017. MeCP2-deficient mice have reduced α4 and α6 nicotinic receptor mRNA and altered behavioral response to nicotinic agonists.. Behav Brain Res. doi: 10.1016/j.bbr.2017.05.021.